OUR PRIVACY COMMITMENT TO YOU:
At LAUBRASS, we respect our customers’ privacy. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations.¹ Our LAUBRASS Privacy Code sets out the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of our customers’ personal information.² Our Code reflects the requirements of Canada’s privacy legislation, the "Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act", and our own continuing commitment to protecting our customers’ privacy.
We’re providing this brochure to inform you about our privacy practices. We want you to understand the purposes for which we collect personal information about our customers. And we want to be sure that we have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for those purposes. The following is a brief summary of our privacy practices.
Your data is collected and stored by you
Note that the personal informaion referred to below applies to the data our customer supplies us with at time of purchase and /or when downloading products or information from our website. All data collected BY our customers with UMT software is NOT kept
or stored or shared by Laubrass. The UMT software is installed at your location and runs within your own secure infrastructure collecting only the data that you choose to collect.
Why we collect personal information
If you are a LAUBRASS customer, LAUBRASS has some basic information about you. We understand that some of this information is private, which is why we collect personal information only for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service. For example, when you apply for services, we collect information that allows us to confirm your identity and credit history so that we can accurately bill and collect for the products and services that you receive from us.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us, and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we ask how our customers use our products and services, so that we can understand how to improve them. From time to time, we may review and analyze your use of our products and services to help us provide better product recommendations and special offers that we think will interest you.
- To manage and develop our business and operations. For example, we analyze customer usage of our networks and facilities to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth. Telephone calls to or from LAUBRASS service representatives may be monitored or recorded for quality assurance purposes.
When do we disclose personal information?
There is a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose some personal information about our customers. Here are some examples:
- We may disclose a customer’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of LAUBRASS, is seeking the information as an agent of the customer. For example, we may provide information about a customer’s account to the customer’s legal representative if we are satisfied that the individual is requesting the information on behalf of the customer.
- We may disclose a customer’s personal information to: A company involved in supplying the customer with installation and/or training services. A company or individual employed by LAUBRASS to perform functions on its behalf, such as research or data processing. Or an agent used by LAUBRASS to evaluate the customer’s credit worthiness or to collect the customer’s account.Any such disclosure of a customer’s personal information outside of LAUBRASS is made on a confidential basis with the information to be used only for the purpose for which it was disclosed.
- We may disclose a customer’s personal information to a public authority or agent of a public authority, if in the reasonable judgment of LAUBRASS, it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information. If a customer calls 911, we will provide the customer’s name, address and telephone number to the emergency agency.
- In conjunction with special offers, we may disclose customers’ personal information to our partners. Any such disclosure is made on a confidential basis with the customer’s express consent.
- We may disclose a customer’s personal information to meet legal or regulatory requirements. For example, we may disclose such information in response to a court order or to a government institution if required or authorized by law.
- From time to time we may sell parts of our business, sell or securitize assets, or merge or amalgamate part or all of our business with other entities. Since customer and account information will normally be a part of such transactions, we may use or disclose such information to other parties included in the transaction, as part of due diligence and/or on completion of the transaction.
How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information and your right to privacy, LAUBRASS:
- Will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified above, except with your consent.
- Will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- Will protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other companies.
- Will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
- Will honour any request you may make for access to your personal information.
What are your choices?
We would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. However, we want you to know that you do have choices and can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
- You may have your name removed from our telephone, mail or email marketing lists. We use these lists to inform you of relevant products, services and special offers that may be of benefit to you.
- You may refuse to provide personal information to us. You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
¹ this brochure, the words "we" or "LAUBRASS" refer to LAUBRASS INC. The words "we" and "LAUBRASS" do not include independent dealers and distributors of LAUBRASS products and services.
² LAUBRASS Privacy Code does not limit the collection, use or disclosure by LAUBRASS of information that is publicly available. This includes: (a) a customer’s name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, when listed in a directory; and (b) other information about the customer that is publicly available and is specified by regulation pursuant to the "Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act".
The LAUBRASS Privacy Code does not apply to information regarding LAUBRASS corporate customers.
However, such information is protected by other LAUBRASS policies and practices and through contractual arrangements.
The LAUBRASS Privacy Code and the privacy practices described in this site are subject to the provisions of all applicable legislation and regulations.
Copyright © 1993 - 2008 LAUBRASS INC. All rights reserved.